NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at the Brown’s Paving Facebook post and who are 18 years of age as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Southern New Brunswick, Canada (includes Fredericton and anyone living south of Fredericton including but not limited to Moncton, Sussex, Saint John, St. Stephen, Hampton, Quispamsis, Rothesay, Norton, Salisbury, etc) and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on March 5th at 9:00am AST and ending March 31st at 11:59pm AST.
4. How to Enter: The sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the Brown’s Paving Facebook post. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing. If you use any fraudulent or deceiving methods to enhance your chances of winning it will be up to Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing to disqualify your entry at their sole discretion. This would include but not limited to, making multiple accounts on Facebook.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the sweepstakes (the “Winner”) will receive $1,000 credit towards a paving job done by Brown’s Paving in the 2018 calendar year and a $500 business photography package from Valley Marketing done in the 2018 calendar year. Two of these prizes will be awarded, one to a business in southern, NB, and another to a resident of southern, NB. The business photography package includes outside/inside shots of your business + up to 10 headshots/marketing shots of employees/your business that can be used on your website or printing needs. If you do not own or work for a local business in southern, New Brunswick you can choose a business of your choice to transfer the business photography package to. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize being awarded. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing’s discretion. The paving prize is nontransferable. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing to use Winner’s name, likeness, business details and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Bonus prize of Valley Marketing $500 draw must be claimed by a business in southern, New Brunswick and is non-transferable. The voucher must be used within the 2018 calendar year.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random draw under the supervision of Valley Marketing. Winner will be notified by Facebook messenger within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT BROWN’S PAVING AND VALLEY MARKETING’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this SWEEPSTAKES (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing, anyone acting on behalf of Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing, and Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this sweepstakes, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond [your company name]’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing. Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmlessBrown’s Paving and Valley Marketing and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Sweepstakes IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF Canada AND New Brunswick, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New Brunswick having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name you can visit the Facebook post that the contest originated on by April 5th, 2018.
14. Facebook: The sweepstakes hosted by Brown’s Paving and Valley Marketing is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.